Thursday, June 05, 2008

Part III

I arrived in the early evening to DFW airport. My friend Steph's husband was there at the gate to meet me. At the time he was working for American Eagle and so that is how he had access to being at the gate. It was nice to see a familiar face. He walked me to the baggage claim and just as we were allllmost the exit to baggage claim there was a wall of see through glass. I could see my Mom, my brother Brian and my friend Steph with her baby girl Jossalyn. They were all waiving and I was rushing to that exit to baggage claim. They all rushed over and gave Sara and I hugs and kisses. It felt so nice to see them all again!! We retrieved my baggage which surprisingly didn't take long at all.

We all walked out the car and we decided to go out for a nice dinner. It was nice and boy oh boy I couldn't wait to have a nice tall glass of iced tea!! We went to a local Mexican restaurant and you have NOOOO idea how bad I had been craving mexican food!! Trying to find a mexican food item in Lahore is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Believe it or not, I did find a can of imported refried beans at our local market in Lahore. It came with a hefty price tag of Rs 200 which is over $3 a can. What the heck!?!? No way. I didn't want it that bad!! ha ha!

Sara and I finally got to my Mom's house about 10p or so. I had no crib for Sara and no idea where she was going to sleep. She was 6 months old and I didn't think she could sleep with me. But, that is exactly what she did. She and I both just passed out and I have no idea what time I went to sleep. That night is really a blurr. I woke up bright and early with Sara the next morning. I had a full day's agenda of going and getting some things done. First things first - get Sara crib!

I went to Burlington Coat Factory and shopped around there for cribs and then went to Babies R Us and then back to Burlington Coat Factory where I bought this one for her.



It was a bit pricey but, it is a 3 in 1 crib that grows with your child. It goes from crib to toddler bed then to a full size bed. Well worth the investment.

Later in the afternoon, the rest of my family came over to visit. This was their first time seeing Sara in person. I enjoyed every minute of it. It was great being back together with my family. The only thing missing was Shakeel. When was he coming back???

To be continued later...

Until later...

Bye for now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE your stories, I never get tired of them and cant wait to read whats next (although I already know)Please finish your story, and its so good to read you again, although I didnt realize your were blogging again.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Elena Martínez Blanco said...

heyyy you started blogging again!!! please continue!! how is little Sara? lots of love to you!!!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Cindi said...

Haha, just checking here cuz I thought you mentioned something about starting blogging again.....and you HAVE! Great! Look forward to more posts!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Solace In Islam said...

I love that crib!

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home