Thursday, April 07, 2005

3 white girls in Lahore!!!

Yesterday Shakil and I went out walking in a park here in Lahore. It wasn't too hot and actually it was very nice. There is a nice walking trail as well. Anyways, the point of this story is that while we were walking Shakil got a call on his cell phone. Surprisingly, it was for me! It was Tiffany, one of the gals from the yahoo group that I'm a part of. She and one of the other girls, Lindsey are here in Pakistan visiting Sialkot. We were supposed to meet up in Islamabad with another girl named Dawn from the yahoo group but unfortunately that got canceled. Her FIL was having some minor surgery. So....these 2 gals wanted to come visit in Lahore!! Needless to say, I was very glad to hear that. They got directions from Shakil and it was all set for today.

They arrived at our house at about 11:30 a.m. I served them some cold drinks and some tasssssty galub jamin!! **BTW they are my fav!!!!** We all just chatted for awhile because it wasn't really lunch time yet around here. So after awhile we all headed over to a chinese restaurant here that is a buffet. I'm a big fan of the chinese food here. They have great soups and the dishes are good too. When we arrived at the restaurant we were still a bit early and they didn't start serving the buffet until 1 p.m. So we had an hour to blow before we could eat. Shakil had them follow us and we drove them down one street here that has all the really good restaurants. We took them to the market we go to called "Al Fatah" and just walked around inside. When we left there we headed back to the chinese restaurant and had a great time just chatting and chatting. We didn't end up leaving until about 3:15 p.m. and overall it was such a great time and I'm so glad they made the trip to Lahore. It was very nice getting to chit chat with someone you can really relate to. If either of you gals are reading this, thank you again! Shakil and I had a great time!!!

Tonight, Shakil and I went back to the park again and did a 3 and a half mile walk. I bet I'll be sore in the morning!! It felt great and it was very nice just walking and chatting, etc. I'm enjoying the leisure while I can! ;-)

Until later...

Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home