Sunday, March 20, 2005

3-20-05

Ever since I got here in Pakistan I've had a problem with large crowds. Shakil comes from a very large family and I come from a rather small family. Well, my immediate family is small. I only have 2 brothers (1 of which is married with 2 kids). The other one is still single and most likely will stay that way. :-) But anyway, my Mom's extended family is large but they just don't get together that often which is really a shame. So I've been a bit overwhelmed with how large his family is and of course they get together a lot more often.

When I came to Pakistan last year, it seemed overwhelming with all our wedding stuff in the works because it was so rushed. There was limited time since I was only going to be in Pakistan for 2 weeks. Ok, I seem to be getting off the subject of what I wanted to talk about. Shakil's cousin Haroon just got engaged and his fiance's brother was having his wedding last night. I finally sucked it up and went to one of these Paki functions. I was pleasantly surprised at what a nice time I had. I was proud of myself because it was definitely a HUGE crowd of people! Apparantly (Or at least from what I've heard) the formal engagement ceremony for Haroon and his fiance is going to be on Tues night. I'm so ready to go back to Lahore. We are supposed to be going back to Lahore on the Wednesday evening flight. I did have the pleasure of being introduced to an AMERICAN!!! I had spotted her earlier in the evening but I was just feeling shy about going up to her and introducing myself. Anyway, I got introduced and Shakil and I chatted with her for awhile, exchanged phone #'s, etc. It was nice for a change to talk to an American!

The food at the wedding was fantastic. Very spicy but oh so tasty. I think over did it with the sweets though. I'm a sucker for galub jamin and I also had Kulfi. :O We probably got home about 1 a.m. or so and I got online to try and chat with my Mom but unfortunately she was not at home. Today is Sunday and there is usually not much going on. I have heard that there is another function this evening. Not sure if Shakil and I are attending.

Until later...

Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home