Friday, March 18, 2005

3-18-05 Panic mode

Last night Shakil took me to a restaurant here in Karachi called Kaybees. This was our second time going there and this time I proceeded to order the spicy chicken burger. It basically was a boneless piece chicken, battered then fried to a golden brown. They served it on a hamburger bun with a piece of lettuce, some spicy sauce drizzled on the chicken and mayo on the bun. I only ate half of it because I'm just not a big fan of so much skin on my meat. Especially when eating a burger type sandwich if you know what I mean. They also served it with fries which were very good. Shakil ordered the broasted chicken which was a big piece of fried chicken. He didn't really enjoy his either. But he finished his up and managed to finish mine up too. I had ordered chicken corn soup (BTW is now my fav soup here in Pak) for an appetizer and that pretty much filled me up.

After dinner we headed downstairs (the inside eating area was on a 2nd floor) went to the car and Shak ordered some ice cream cones for us which were very tasty. I always seem to have room for ice cream. We just sat in the car and had our ice cream and then headed home. We got home about 10 p.m. which is just in time for my fav reality show here "Outback Jack". I've been hooked on this show ever since I got here to Pak. Last night was the 2nd to last episode. After the show I got online, checked emails, responded to emails, etc. the all of the sudden the a/c went out. I freaked.

I immediately started shouting at Shakil and told him that I wouldn't make it through the night without any a/c. He got a bit pissed off with me as well because I was shouting so quickly. I basically started having a panic attack. I started crying profusely, saying horrible things to him that I wouldn't ordinarily say and pleading with Shakil to send me back home to the U.S. I was telling him that I just couldn't take it anymore. My chest started hurting and I had the worst headache. To make that story short, Shakil got the a/c going about an hour later. Apparantly there was a flucuation in the electricity and it caused the a/c to shut off.

Shakil got me calmed down and I was thinking more rationally. We didn't get to bed until about 3:30 a.m. We ended up sleeping until about 12 p.m. today when we heard a knock at our bedroom door. It was Shakil's mom knocking. She was trying to get him to wake up and get ready for Friday prayers. It annoys me so badly because Shakil is a grown man and shouldn't have to be told all the time to pray. That's just me. But anyways, he got in the shower and I just stayed in bed. Mother in law proceeded to start knocking again and of course Shakil was showering and I just ignored it. I get fed up with it. Another 5 minutes passed and she started knocking again. It's as if she goes into panic mode herself with him getting to go pray. Sheesh!!!! When he got out of the shower I told him that his mom kept knocking repeatedly and what do you know....she started knocking yet AGAIN. He went out to see what she wanted and she was telling him that his dad was getting mad because he hadn't been out of the bedroom yet. My god, give it a rest. Geez!!!

Shakil finished getting ready and headed off for prayers. I just got online and started checking emails again while he was gone. Here is about 3:30 p.m. on Friday and I've been on the net now for about 2 hours. Time to lay down for a bit. I'm feeling sleepy.

Until later...

Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home