Friday, January 14, 2005

1-14-05 1 1/2 days to go!!!

I'm overwhelmed again!!!!!! I just have so much stuff that I'm taking, not clothes but just other stuff!! I keep thinking about stuff and hoping that I don't forget anything that I just might need. I just feel like most things that I need or want will not be available to me. The other day I had a discussion about a hairdryer with Shakil. I told him I was concerned about that. He told me to not bring mine and we could go get one when I get there. I was just concerned because the last time I went, he had one there for me to use and I swear it was like 10+ years old!!! Needless to say, it had no power to it at all. Shakil claims there are new ones that have a higher wattage. So I made him promise me that we can get one my first day there!! I don't need any bad hair days. I'm a nut when it comes to my hair. It has to be done. I don't have the kind of hair that you can just let it air-dry and then it's fine. My hair has a slight wave to it. Ughhhh!!

So I think I have everything that I'll need. Just sitting here typing this up I'm thinking about things that I might have forgotten and I can't think of anything. So I hope that's a good sign that I have everything I need.

Today I went to see my roomie for the last time and finalize some things at our apt. We said our final goodbyes and Kristi teared up on me and hugged me goodbye. :-( She was a great roommate to have. I feel very lucky to have had such a great roomie. :-) I'll miss her!!!

After seeing Kristi, I went to have lunch with a longgggggggg time friend of mine, Steph. She and I went out for some mexican food. We went to this little cafe and it was great. We just talked and reminisced about old times!! She and I have been friends over 11 years. She just recently got engaged and is having her wedding in March of 2006. I better be back from Pakistan!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

After all that stuff I just came home and showed my Mom some things on the computer so she can talk to me via messenger while I'm with Shakil. She's doing good. I'm just not very patient!! **shame shame on me** :-)

Well, 1 1/2 days to go until I leave. I have had butterflies in my tummy alllllll day. I'm nervoussssssss and I don't have anything to be nervous about really. Just all the uncertainty right now gets to me. Uncertainty of when we'll be able to come back. I received an email from my boss Lori today saying how much she missed me. It was sooo sweet!!! I really appreciated it.

I better start sorting through some more things and relax for a bit.

Until later...

Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home