Friday, January 28, 2005

1-28-05

Seems like it has been several days since I have been able to blog. Today marks 11 days that I've been here in Pak and it seems like I have been here for so long and seems like forever since I was at home (Good 'ol US of A!!)

Yesterday morning I woke up with a sore throat and as the day went on it just got progressively worse. I started having such a horrible headache and then my eyes were burning. I was also having some body aching as well. My legs were just aching so bad!!! I was having really bad chills and just felt all over crappy. I knew that I was running a fever. I talked to my Mom last night via messenger and told her I was sick. I probably shouldn't have told her because she just worries but I do have a hubby that is more than capable of making sure I'm ok. I didn't have much to eat yesterday at ALL. I just don't have any appetite and I never really do when I'm sick. In the morning I had some tea with these biscuits called rusk. In the evening I had cooked some fish with veggies for Shakil and I ate only just a few veggies. I just couldn't eat that fish. I have a big problem eating fish with bones in it and the smell was just disgusting!!! :P

Shakil and I were in bed watching tv by 8 p.m. and it was so nice to just lay in bed and watch tv with him. My head was still killing me though but it really felt nice to just lay down and relax with him. I think I fell asleep somewhere around 10:30 p.m. or so. I have been able to watch American Idol here which just amazes me. I'm such a reality show freak!! :P

Right now it's about 11:30 a.m. and Shak has gone to the hospital to do his medical exam for the visa. He had asked me if I wanted to go with him but I just didn't feel like going. So I took this opportunity to curl up in bed with the laptop and type this up. I'm watching a movie, "Disclosure" on HBO and the servant is at the foot of the bed looking through Shak and I's wedding photos. :-)

Not last night but the night before Shakil took me to this restaurant called, "Gunsmoke". It was a restaurant that looked as if it was straight out of a western movie. Everything was western. The waiters even dressed in boots and stuff and looked like cowboys. LOL The funny part was on the table there was peanuts in shells that you could snack on before your meal and you just throw the shells on the ground. Very odd feeling to just throw some shells on the floor!! But anyway, I ordered a burger and it was mighty tasty!!! Shak ordered a chicken sandwich that looked really good too!! The burgers/sandwiches were served with french fries and cole slaw. But the weird thing is that it seemed to upset my stomach and the Paki food isn't upsetting my stomach. Very odd. You'd think the Paki food would be bothering me but it isn't.

The night before eating at Gunsmoke we went over to Shakil's uncles house for dinner. There was chicken tikka and something else that I have no idea what it was but it was tasty. I had diet coke which tasted so good after what seems like so long ago!!! :-)

I think that I'm starting to adjust somewhat. I told Shak yesterday that I'm trying my best but everything just seems so backwards here to me. But I keep telling myself it's not forever and if I want to be with my husband then this is the sacrifice that I have to make. :-)

Until later...

Bye for now.b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home