Saturday, January 22, 2005

1-22-05 Day 5 in Pakistan

Well, today makes it 5 days that I've been here, the 2nd day of Eid and I'm already missing the U.S. I arrived here on Tuesday the 18th at about 1:30 a.m. after that hellacious flight!!! Man that was a long flight. My booty was a hurtin by the time I got off that plane. It's like I just couldn't move fast enough to get out of the airport and see my hubby!! It took awhile to get through immigration because the lines for the "foreigners" which would be me were very long. But once I made it up to where they check my passport/visa everything was fine. She just stamped my passport and I was on my way to baggage claim. As soon as I walked up out of the immigration area there were porters following me trying to do it all for me. But I did it myself. It didn't take too long for my bags to make it out. Thank God everything arrived!!

My luggage was quite heavy and I hurried up and got it on the cart and proceeded to walk outside to meet Shakil. There were soooooo many people standing waiting, etc. I didn't know how I was going to find him. But then all of the sudden I saw him walking towards me. It was such an amazing feeling seeing him walking towards me. He looked the same as when I had left him here about a year ago. We went to the car and Shakil told me that we would be staying at his parents house. I can remember walking inside and thinking wheeeeeewwww I made it!!! I was really looking forward to getting into bed and just relaxing. I don't think Shakil and I went to bed until about 5 a.m. I slept and slept after that. The next day I think I slept about 15 hours!! That's a long time for me.

Yesterday was the first day of Eid and Shakil and I went to his grandparents house. On the drive on the way over there I saw people cutting up goats on the side of the road and blood/guts, etc. When we made it to his grandparents house they were doing some slaughtering but luckily I didn't have to see any of it. But they did have goats laying out on the ground where they were skinning and cleaning them. I couldn't even eat anything that had goat in it while at his grandparents because of what I had just seen!!! LOL Uggghhhh!! But on the other hand I did have some Haleem which was quite tasty and then I after that I had what Shak is telling is called, Vermicelli's and that was verrrrry tasty!! It looked like noodles in milk.

I had my first issue here the other day. First issue was the lighting. The area where my clothes are, there was no light. So basically I was having to rummage through things in the dark. Second, the lighting in the bathroom sucked. I was having to basically put my makeup on in the dark. Last issue is there is no tv in our bedroom!!! I cannot stand that. I expressed my frustrations about the lighting and Shakil did have it fixed. But there is still no tv in the bedroom. There is only 1 tv in this house and it's in Shakil's parents bedroom. Ugggggggghhhh!!!!

Today it's raining pretty heavily outside. I'm sitting here next to a really big window and I can see how much it's raining. It has been cloudy alllll day and I haven't seen any sunshine. In fact it was quite cloudy yesterday too. I had thought it was always sunshining in Pak!! :-)

I'm trying my best to adapt here and it's going to take some time on my part. Yesterday when I got in the shower it was cold and it wouldn't get hot and I automatically started crying. :-( I think I was just experiencing some PMS. I do feel better today. My appetite here is beyond screwed up. I haven't eaten normally since I got here. My breakfast the past 2 days has been an omelet with green onions, mushrooms/spices, etc. that Shak's mom makes for me. It is very good. Then I have about 2 pieces of toast with cream cheese on them. After breakfast I have tea and that is the one thing I love about Pak. The tea!!! :-)

Until later...

Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home