Friday, March 25, 2005

Back in Lahore

We are back in Lahore and made it safely. We got in late Wednesday night and discovered that Shakil had no car here, so that became a challenge. Next thing was, no hot water. So unfortunately we had to take a cold shower which just sucked. Oh and the best part was......the fridge was just filthy from being closed up for almost a month. Everything was basically shutdown in this house while we were gone. So cleaning out the fridge at 11 p.m. was just not fun at all for us. Shakil spent forever outside trying to find out what was going on with the hot water. I don't think we made it to bed until about 2 a.m. that night.

On a better note, everything is fixed. :-) Shakil has his grandfathers car which makes it nice until he has the car he had before. Apparently from what I've been told, someone else has borrowed it until March 29th for a marriage ceremony. We got some groceries, etc because we didn't have shit and things feel like home again.

Today (Friday) I did laundry and had some time to myself since Shakil was at the office. I spent quite a bit of time cleaning this house because it had accumulated so much dust, etc. Mucho better now! :-) I heard Shakil say yesterday that he was enjoying the privacy since we have returned. I enjoyed the time spent in Karachi but there is just not much privacy for us there. I do think it gave me the chance to get to know my inlaws a bit more. MIL was constantly trying to shove food down your throat even when you are NOT hungry at all. It just seemed as if she was coming with food allllllllll the time.

I know now how much more I like it here in Lahore compared to Karachi. The weather here right now is much cooler compared to Karachi. There is also less mosquitos and other creepy crawlies. :-) I found a cockroach in the shower one day in Karachi!!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!! Luckily I haven't seen any in Lahore.........yet. :p LOL

Good movie tonight coming on (Jeepers Creepers 2) So I'm outta here!

Until later...

Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home