Sunday, April 10, 2005

Post Birthday update!

When Shakil came home from the office at about 5:30 p.m. yesterday we headed off to the park for our walk together. I'm trying to get into better shape. I really don't know how I'm doing it because geez, I've just been so damn tired lately. But anyways, I'm still goin'. :-)

After our walk we were discussing where we wanted to go out for my birthday dinner and Shak had mentioned this restaurant called "Cafe Alanto". We went there but unfortunately neither he or I liked the menu. So then Shak suggested the chinese restaurant that we went to with Linds and Tiff the other day and I said sure. I'm also liking chinese a lot these days or wanting it I should say. So we go there but it is soooooooo extremely packed. It was afterall 10 p.m. and that is when EVERYONE here in Lahore likes to go out to dinner. So then Shak suggested going to "The Village". "The Village" is a huge Pakistani restaurant that is a buffet. I guess Shakil and I were really wanting a buffet. LOL Anyways, by the time we got there it was like 10:30 p.m. or so and it of course was soooo busy but Shakil just went up to the front and told them it was just 2 of us and they seated us right away. Fantastic!! I ate sooooo much and it's hard not to at this place. There is just soooo much yummy dishes. I just mixed up a whole bunch of stuff on my plate. I especially enjoyed the pulao. It was very good. :-)

After dinner I of course had to have some dessert even though I had that yummy cheesecake sitting at home in the fridge. I told Shakil to just go get me some galub jammin but he insisted I go with him and I of courrrrrrrrrrrse came back with more than just galub jammin. LOL I also had to pick up some jalebbi. (sp?) Yum!! Shakil ate so much I don't know how he even drove us home. We were both just ill from eating so damn much!!

Overall we had a great time and I'm so glad that I was able to spend my bday with him this year. Last year was just not the same without him.

Today was Sunday and I cooked up some tasty veggies for Shakil and I and also tried the cheesecake! One word.......YUM!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!! :O:O Good thing Shakil and I went on our 3 1/2 mile walk this evening. Shakil's grandfather, grandmother and cousins Samad and Haroon came over this afternoon for visiting. His grandfather and grandmother are leaving for India tomorrow. His grandmother is having another knee replacement surgery.

Tomorrow is the 45 day mark in the "45 day administrative review processing" for Shakil's visa. He will be calling them tomorrow to see what's up! Keep us in your prayers.

Until later...

Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home