Friday, April 22, 2005

The Prophet's b-day and begging

Well today was yet another holiday here in Lahore. Today was the prophet's bday and most everything was closed. Shakil and I had some things to pick up at the supermarket so we headed over to Al-Fatah and they were closed. So we then went to Jalal Sons which is very close to us. They were open. They are actually open 7 days a week where other places close on Sunday. We went out the back way when we finished and Shakil pointed out a street to me that was just lit up everywhere. It looked like Christmas to me. I was surprised with all the lights for the holiday.

You know I'm really starting to get annoyed with all the beggars here. When we left Jalal Sons, I went out to the car to wait because Shakil was going to walk and get us some fresh naan. Now, it's getting very hot and I mean very hot here in Lahore so waiting in the car is not easy to do. But it was my choice. So I rolled the window down and minutes later someone is coming to my window begging or trying to sell something. I can shake my head "no" a hundred times and they still keep at me. It really drives me nuts. So of course I roll up the window and then I just sit there and sweat. It just sucks. Argh!!!!

We slept in today and didn't get up until after 12 p.m. I then made us some lunch and then after that we made Chicken Karahi together. Shakil did most of the work considering he's made it so many times before. After that we headed back upstairs to our bedroom where we napped for 2 hours. That's what was going on here prior to heading for the supermarket adventures.

I keep thinking everyday we are going to hear from the embassy. But unfortunately we haven't heard anything yet. We are going on 60 days since the interview. As the heat rises here in Lahore, I become more and more ready to get back home!!! Thank God for a/c's that's all I can say. :-) I'd be melting here.

Tomorrow is Shakil and I's first day of doing our walking in the morning. We are going to get up at 5:30 a.m. to be at the park by 6 a.m. Yesterday it was sooo hot at the park and that was even at 6:30 p.m. So we are going to give the mornings a shot. I hope it's better because I have built up so much endurance and I don't want to stop the walking. :-)

Until later...

Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home