Friday, May 20, 2005

The heat and electricity

Can it get any hotter in this house?? Can the electricity go out anymore?? Shakil was off today during the day and we both slept in until well past 12 p.m. We did go to bed late since we got stuck on playing UNO which is easy to do for us. I don't think we got settled into bed until after 2 a.m. So at 12 p.m. we were just laying in bed and then hubby says "make me some breakfast" which btw doesn't settle with me very well for some reason. I just feel like that sounds like an order but he swears that he's not ordering. Ha ha...yeah right he probably likes it. :-)

I went downstairs and proceeded to look in the fridge and see what I was going to cook up. I made some eggs, toast and some other stuff. I'm getting to where I just hate cooking because my kitchen here is just so damn hot. The kitchen is not very big and I just think there is no circulation at all. There is a back door in the kitchen in which has a screen on it. Shak always tells me to open the door but that really doesn't seem too help much considering there is a house right next to us and it's a concrete wall there. Geez. Plus, I can't turn on the fan in the kitchen because it will just blow out the gas flame on the stove. I miss electric stoves by the way.

Seemed as if the day was going by pretty fast. Shakil and I just sit at the dining room table after a meal and chat. When we finished he was starting to get ready for work. He had to be there by 5 p.m. and I needed some things from the supermarket. I was planning to make spaghetti - that reminds me that I wanted to make some custard and I haven't done it yet. Oh yeah, Shakil bought me this great Black and Decker food processor that I forgot to mention. This is just the neatest gadget. I don't have to do anymore cutting of garlic, ginger, onions, etc. This thing is the best thing since sliced bread - ok maybe not! ha ha ha Just a figure of speech. I just hate cutting up that crap. He brought back the stuff that I needed from the market and proceeded to just go have a seat and wait until he had to be at work. I had just finished using the processor for cutting the onions and the damn electricity went out AGAIN and what do you know - Shakil decides to go ahead and head to work. Go figure. It was getting so damn hot in there.

The electricity was out for a good 30 minutes and that 30 minutes felt like hours to me. I was cutting up zucchini and sweat was just pouring down my face and I could feel sweat running down my back - Gross! I just felt disgusting but I kept on going. Then all of the sudden, the electricity came back on. Thank God!!! I immediately went to turn on the fan in the kitchen but can't leave that on for long because I needed to use the damn stove again and that fan blows out my flame. I started the veggies that I was cooking and then proceeded to go to the drawing room which is right next to the kitchen. This room has french doors that mainly stay closed off because we don't use the room much. The good news is that this room has an a/c. Yippppppppeeeeee. I don't know why I didn't think of this before but I opened up those doors and cracked on the a/c. My God did it feel good to feel that cool air blowin' on me. I felt like I was a pool of sweat. So I left the doors open and closed off the other rooms downstairs. Surprisingly enough it cooled off the downstairs. The kitchen even became tolerable. I can't wait to hear what hubby has to say about me using that a/c. He already thinks that the electricity bill is going to be outrageous. Ha ha ha He knows I have to have a/c. It was over a 100 here today for God's sake.

Until later...

Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home