Sunday, May 01, 2005

News from the Embassy

On April 27th, the embassy decided to finally call and it was just one hell of day. Shakil came home for lunch at about 1 p.m. and the embassy called on his cell at 2 p.m. The woman that called was talking to him in Urdu and basically all I was catching was the "a-cha's". I could tell by the look on his face though that it wasn't good. I started getting nauseated to my stomach. When he got off the phone he told me what was going on. They are asking for the I-601 waiver which waives his visa overstay. We were soooo hoping they were not going to ask for it. The woman says that the waiver takes anywhere from 6 to 8 months minimum but has seen them get approved in 3 months. (not holding my breath) Now they are also concerned because they need a hardship letter and I don't fall in the hardship category or at least I don't think I do with anything. We've emailed the lawyer. I don't even know what is classified as "hardship".

The lawyer has told me to compose a letter of hardship (which I just finished today) and email it to him, he'll make the necessary changes and add what needs to be added. He adds what they are looking for, etc. I have had so much support from my friends on the yahoo group, Steph and Colleen. If any of you gals are reading this, thank you so much for allllllllll your kind words of encouragement.

It is so hard being away from my family in the U.S. I think about going home all the time but I just can't without Shakil. He is my family now and I have to focus on that. He needs me just as much as I need him. He is the love of my life and my soul mate. I always have said you have to go through the shit to get to the good one's. I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful, caring and devoted husband. I love you sweetheart.

We will not give up with the visa. We have been through so much and I feel that we can conquer this. It's not the end of the world and the visa is not denied. It's just one more step. We already filed one waiver to get rid of the deportation and that was approved. We can do it, I just know we can. :-)

Until later...

Bye for now.

oh and I will post the hardship letter that I did

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home